Hello! Happy weekend to you all.
Last night I finally got a chance to test out the new Fade Out ink from Inkon3 with watercolors. I'd had a few minutes earlier in the week to tested it with Copic markers, and thought it worked well with those, but I'd not found the time to get out some watercolors.
I decided to use one of the "grab bag" stamps that'd I'd gotten from VivaLasVegasStamps and attempt to create something suitable for the VLVStamps April Challenge. I'd been at VLVStamps last July and purchased a "pound of rubber"; which is their version of a grab bag. This scene stamp was one of likely 150+ stamps that were included in my pound of unmounted bare red rubber and was perfect for the April challenge: finding inspiration from nature.
Here is their inspiration photo:
And here's my card:
I stamped the image with the Fade Out ink onto Bristol Smooth paper using my Original MISTI. The smooth paper gave a nice crisp, pale-gray image on the first stamping. The ink was dry almost immediately and was ready to paint.
I decided to use my Caran d'Ache Museum watercolor pencils for this panel since the image was quite small and detailed. In some areas I colored with pencil, then added water with my Faber Castell waterbrush. In larger areas like the sky and water, I picked up color from the tip of my pencils with the waterbrush and brought it to the paper that way.
All in all, I thought the Fade Out ink from Inkon3 worked well. It dried quickly, stayed visible enough to easily work from, and virtually disappeared once color was added.
I trimmed my completely dried panel to 4.5" x 5.25", then added a sentiment and compass from a retired Papertrey Ink set with Kraft ink, stamping off once before stamping on my card panel. Then adhered it with Brutus Monroe liquid glue to a top fold ivory card base.
Thanks for visiting! Have a great weekend!